About Designing Springfield

I'm a graphic designer - illustrator - cartoonist with a fondness for typography and a liking of the Simpsons. It seems only natural to put them together and have a little fun with the world of Springfield. It might also lead to paying work....

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Springfield Isotopes

I did two items for the Isotopes, a logo and a standard "Baseball" name treatment, the usual angled script text with a swooshing tail, just like you see on the front of practically every baseball team out there:

I chose fonts that have a Springfield vibe to them. The Script is A&S Blaze, and the block lettering for "Springfield" is Font Diner Huggable. The capital I became the famous inanimate carbon rod with the simple addition of an oval at one end. I added an atomic symbol to balance it out.

For the hats, I created a logo by combining the atomic symbol with the capital I:Of course everything had to be the sickly radioactive green color.

No comments:

Post a Comment